Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer Days....

I think this summer in my family is a bit similar to when I was a kid. You'd have nothing to do at times, read a book, maybe fall a sleep for a short nap to reenergize you for the rest of the day, and later go out and play. The great part about being an adult, you can do all this and still have the heart of a kid.

I look at my kitchen counter and there's summer harvest all over the place from my garden and my grandmother's garden. Strawberries, lemon cucumbers, watermelon, grapes, and blueberries. I love the wide variety and colors that summer can bring. Can't have enough fruit and veggies, huh?!

Even while driving around doing errands and such, I count kayaks on top of cars or in trucks, and how I wish I was on the river. Well, that will change tomorrow. Since I can't ride or run due to my eye, and there's so much swimming you can do. I'm going to go to the river and kayak maybe a couple of hours. Take my time and enjoy some more of summer's beauty. What are you going to do tomorrow? Come on, you have to do something, make it good!! LB

No comments: