Thursday, July 12, 2007
It's Thursday evening and it's been a good of couple of days. I worked at the Wednesday Night Market downtown. I like being there, people watching has always been a fun thing to do. I love watching the teenagers walking by, and how the girls seem to be not eating anything and how some of the boys are eating turkey legs on a stick, while carrying the kettle popcorn! They're probably just holding it for the girls so they can eat it later when they go home! All kidding aside, I know that teenagers want to impress. I know because I was there at one time. Then I started to wonder when did I not worry about curling my hair or putting eye shadow on or wearing the brand name clothes. Was it after having kids? Was it after being married? No, I think the thought of impressing others turned differently, like how could I impress myself to feel better, how can I impress my friends to make them feel better about themselves. It started to be more about myself first, then thinking about how to impress this world to make it a better place. That's when things became more real, more impressed at what we could do locally, globally and locally again. I love this life! Okay I'm tired now, a good tired that will put me to sleep like a big baby. It's the swim I did for 35 minutes in a pool. It may seem like a long time or it may not. But I did it and I feel better about myself, I just impressed myself that I could last that long in water and not swallow some along the way! Thanks life for letting me move today, I hope others moved today....over and out 'till tomorrow. Luv you all, LB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment