It's been awhile since my last confe......, no that's not it. Wrong website! Just kidding. It's been awhile and glad to be back. Done alot since my last writing. On Sat. 8/18, I did my first triathlon. I did pretty well. Better than I thought. The course, being a sprint and first-timer course, was fun and flat. A 1/4-mile swim, 11-mile bike and 3.1 mile run. The swim, just got thru it, the bike was fabulous. Passed many on the course, and the run was average. But in all, it was totally fun and willing to do it again. Then I did a SRCC club ride, on Sat. 8/25, through West County up thru Healdsburg, Geyserville, and back thru Chalk Hill for a 61-miler. Didn't feel as hard this time (though I complained alot going up the last bit of Chalk Hill, lordie!). Was work, but not quite as sore. That's always a good thing.
This all sums up to the summer coming to an end. All this outdoor physical movement is great, getting fresh air, sun and fun with friends. It's just like being a kid in the summer, do some swimming, some biking and some running. Maybe one sport a day or all three at once, trying to be faster than your friends! Remember riding with friends down your street and trying to beat them home or beat them to the ice cream truck! It's the same thing, now it's just I'll beat you to Starbuck's or the local coffee for a filler up!
Also today, had our first test trial of a Tone group ride to Sebastopol. Had 3 people come, Lynn, Katie, and John. It was a beautiful day, started out cool foggy morning. Headed out on Joe Radota Trail to Sebastopol to Coffee Catz for some java and conversation. Was great talk there and back. When we were ready to come back, the sun came out to warm us up. A little breeze to go thru. We did about 14+ miles and will do it again, maybe finding another coffee spot to find. Like Lynn said, need a goal, a destination, to get to, making the ride a reward for getting from point A to point B. Thanks everyone for coming out. Hopefully we'll get more people to join in. I'm looking at doing Friday morning at 9:00 am. We'll see if that works out. Looking forward to doing this again.
Bottom line, get outdoors and walk, jog, run, swim, paddle, bike before late fall sets in time runs out. There's nothing like getting out for some physical exertion and sleeping well that night! That's it for now. I'll post tomorrow what I'll be doing on Friday, I'm up for anything. It's like a treasure hunt, hmmmm, let's see which way will I go today....... Have a great week everyone. Love Loni
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment